Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wooly Bully

I got to see some wild, free-ranging buffalo yesterday on a huge piece of awesome ground that very few people ever get to see. Often, people associate Indian Reservations with barren, hot, dry, desert, wasteland type areas, but I tell you what, the Ute Tribe in Northeastern Utah has some lands that are unreal! I was on the Hill Creek extension of the Uintah and Ouray Indian Reservation and the country was far superior than any "white man" land in the surrounding area. It was gorgeous and the tribe was a very generous host. I snapped some photos of a couple big old Wooly Bullys. What neat animals.





My Buffalo theme song "Wooly Bully"

3 comments:

Mathias said...

Cool pics, I've never seen photos of Buffalo up in the trees and highlands like that. I thought they only stood in fields and scowled at tourists. I dig the video, that dudes a character

Grandma Beaner said...

Two words: massive and wooly. Very cool photos. They look very healthy and content.

Fabian said...

awesome. these animals seem so strong and ... simply wow. enviable that you came so close to them.
greets from fabian.