Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Home with Roaming Buffalo and Playing Deer

I got to spend another night in the Book Cliffs looking for roaming buffalo...

After I found the bison, I got to play with the deer a little too.



Next I met up with my Peruvian friend that had a late night scare with a bear. He was alone in an old cabin without electricity, a gun, or even a dog. He scrapped together a spear for himself with some baling twine, a fence post, and an old knife and spent a long night sitting alone in the dark waiting to see if the bear was going to come back. We got him a dog, a .30-30, and set a trap just in case the bear did come back. I think he is sleeping a little better now.


Another great trip to the Books.

2 comments:

Tristie hearts Dax said...

you are such a fun wildman. I love you, sweetheart.

Grandma Beaner said...

Awesome photos. Glad to see the bison herd is growing with the new calves and all. Absolutely love the spear. Hey, necessity is the mother of invention and a little adrenaline doesn't hurt either. A picture is worth a thousand words. You ARE a wildman for sure!