Saturday, June 28, 2008

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

So, Tristie doesn't think antelope are pretty, and, well I just flat disagree. I think they are quite handsome. I only have a few months to convince her otherwise, as I have just been informed that I drew hard-to-draw antelope tags in both Wyoming and in Idaho! You know I want to get one for the wall. I was one of only 5 non-Idaho residents to draw, out of over 1,700 applicants! Can the odds of convincing Tristie to let me put a mounted antelope head in our house be any worse? Wouldn't something like this look nice hanging in our front room?



Now you can't tell me that wouldn't look good. I have a really good photo collage that I put together a while back that has a bunch of pictures of me unintentionally making weird faces while getting my picture taken, and I threw in a couple close-ups of antelope faces from past hunts. I promise that my antelope mount will look better than these ones, and if Tristie can put up with my face every day, having a stuffed antelope head staring down at her from the wall can't be that bad.

5 comments:

Tristie hearts Dax said...

if you get any cuter, i might have to relinquish my anti-antelope stance. you are too funny. it is give and take, baby. remember that. make sure you willing to give some to be able to take up wall space with that "handsome" dead creature! Congrats on your tags! love ya, tristie

Tiffany said...

Too funny! I am sure there is some hallway that you can hang your "handsome" dead antelope in isn't there?

Grandma Beaner said...

Four out of six - not bad. Is this is a face only a mother could love?

Accuracy Sports said...

Coño - Just wait until you get home from Namibia with your world class trophy WARTHOG head ready to be hung in your living room or better yet in your bedroom so you can remember every night just before you go to sleep of all the fun you had hunting in Namibia. Antelope are rather handsome creatures compared to WARTHOGS.

Tristie hearts Dax said...

dad do not love Preslie