Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ribs

I still have more I plan on posting about my Africa trip, but in the meantime I had to share these ribs. I have always had an interest in barbeque. By barbeque I mean real barbeque, not just grilling burgers. I have made my own barbeque sauce with a "secret ingredient", and I mix up my own dry rub recipe. I rubbed this rack of ribs Saturday night and let it sit in the fridge overnight. This morning at 8:00 am I put them in my improvised smoker and got the heat set to where it stayed right at 225 F. I opened it up and basted them with ginger ale every couple hours, and at about 3:00 pm after 7 hours of smoking I did one last basting with some barbeque sauce and we sat down to eat at about 3:30. Cornbread muffins with butter and honey and fall of the bone smoked ribs, what a lunch!

Before

After

3 comments:

Tristie hearts Dax said...

aaaaagggghhh... delicious meat.

Thanks for a great dinner, Babe!

Grandma Beaner said...

Hot dang! They look finger lickin' good.

Megan M Barth said...

You are the Man! I want to improvise a smoker. And then cook fabulous ribs. Way to go!