Sunday, May 18, 2008

Food Glorious Food

My passion for the outdoors has few rivals, one of them being good food. I thought I would show some of the food that I have prepared, and some of the food that I love most. I hope you aren't on a diet.

This recent original creation was jokingly dubbed "Chocolate Thunder from Down Under ", but I might have to change the name because it makes Tristie think of a black Australian male stripper.


















I love pumpkin pie cake. You gotta try this, but keep your Tums handy.




















The Double Hunger Buster from a restaurant in St. Maries Idaho, contains four, 1/3 pound patties with cheese, bacon, and ham. What an awesome burger! I put it the whole thing down without hesitation.



You just can't beat fresh made European bread and queso manchego semi-curado. These are my favorite foods from Spain.
























Baked ziti made with generous amounts of fresh mozzarella, ricotta cheese, homemade Italian sausage meatballs, fresh basil, dash of red pepper flake, plenty of garlic, and lots of love. Inspired by Livia Soprano.























Western classic, dutch oven potatoes with bacon and extra cheese. The smaller foil-lined oven in the background is full of chocolate cherry cola cobbler.


















Good old Sunday dinner, roast beef, mashed potatoes with gravy, and rolls. Tristie is responsible for the vegetable looking stuff.


















Homemade venison tamales, these babies steamed up nicely.























Stuffed mushrooms with Italian sausage, cream cheese, onion, and garlic. Notice the copious amount of real melted butter in the bottom of the cast iron skillet.


















Grandma Nola taught me how to make her homemade rolls. Perfect with Thanksgiving dinner.


















My own Alfredo sauce variant that uses fresh spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and pancheta. The next photo shows one of the many applications for this sauce.


















Another original recipe, chicken breast stuffed with Italian sausage, fresh spinach, and Romano cheese, rolled in seasoned flour, pan seared, then baked. Served with my sun-dried tomato, pancheta Alfredo sauce.



















I hope I made you all hungry. I take requests, so come out to Roosevelt to visit!

4 comments:

Accuracy Sports said...

CRAP-O-RAMA I just ate and this still makes me hungry. I really liked the variant on alfredo sauce. Come cook for me - Dad

Tiffany said...

So you take requests....I want it all....I'm on my way! And yes I am STILL trying to lose the baby weight so thanks for helping me with tonights craving! (I have to agree with Tristie about the "Chocolate Thunder from Down Under " it is a total stripper name!)

Jaedon Flora said...

Dax you amaze me. You are so talented and such varied things. That is AWESOME! Fun site by the way. I got the biggest laugh from your play list.

Grandma Beaner said...

Yes, it made me hungry. You can cook for me anytime. The photos were incredible, but I'm sure eating the fabulous dishes was even more wonderful. You're someting else. Maybe you'll cook something for us at the reunion??